Job Opportunity - Arts Therapist
Updated: Apr 20, 2021
SPIRAL - CREATIVE ARTS THERAPIES
FREELANCE DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
POST: Arts Therapist
REPORTS TO: Spiral Director
FEE: Competitive Rates TBC
LOCATION: Various Schools.
To be responsible for delivering Art Therapy in an educational setting, and in accordance with the requirements of Child Protection and Risk Assessment Policies. The work will involve working with vulnerable children and young people.
Spiral: Schools is an arts therapy programme designed to support children at risk of disengaging from education. We operate within the school framework and helps pupils to develop skills for life through focussed and responsive one-to-one or group sessions with artists and arts therapists.
We work closely with each school to design a bespoke programme to help bridge attainment gaps.
Qualifications and Experience
Registered with (BAAT) British Association of Art Therapists or relevant body (BADTH/ BAMTH);
Registered with the Health Professional Council;
Hold an Arts Therapy qualification at Masters degree level;
Knowledge and understanding of regular evaluation and report writing;
Experience of delivering Arts Therapy sessions within an educational setting;
Experience of providing clinical support to design interventions targeted to address children’s social and emotional wellbeing;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Delivery of Art Therapy sessions, individual and group work on our schools’ programme for the company;
· Keep up to date attendance records and clinical notes;
· Ordering and managing all materials and equipment relating to the project
· Liaising with Project Director and when necessary - referring agencies
· Regular Assessment and Evaluation
· Be a point of contact for group support workers;
· Be a point of contact for school staff;
· Support delivery of sessions and develop relationships with schools;
· Attend Clinical Supervisor on supervision timetable;
· Carry out all duties and responsibilities in line with Spiral – Creative Arts policies and processes.
· Produce reports and write up clinical notes
· Attending reviews and planning meetings when required
· Responsible for the purchase and good maintenance of art materials and equipment with good maintenance and care of work spaces for clinical practice
· Undertake all work taking full account of Spiral’s policies with regard to
Child Protection Policy and procedures
Working with Younger Children and their Families
Health and Safety
To carry out all responsibilities in a way which supports Spiral’s main aims values and promotes equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion:
For more information contact email@example.com
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16th April 2021
The Company firmly believes that employees should be fairly treated and be given equal opportunity. It does not permit discrimination on the grounds of colour, creed, race, religion, belief, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. The Company will take disciplinary action against any employee found to have discriminated against a colleague.